At HawkPoint, we believe that helping businesses succeed begins with understanding our customers. We provide technologies that support businesses today and prepare them for the needs and challenges of the future.
We are currently hiring for the below positions. Follow the link to apply.
Why did the Software Developer cross the road? To go work at HawkPoint because people who work at HawkPoint are awesome! Seriously though, come work here.
HawkPoint is a technology company. What’s technologies? Yes…
- We have a software division, cranking out commercial applications for manufacturing environments. Our software division also develops custom applications for all industries, including manufacturing, construction and food/beverage. These wonderful people can program the human error out of just about anything.
- Our IT Service division does everything IT should do. Managed Services, check. Major projects, check. Servers, Networks, PCs, Cloud Computing and Helpdesk, just to name a few. If it plugs into a wall and scares the hell out of old people, our IT team is on the case and making it work like a champ.
- How about consulting? Absolutely. From CIO Advisory to Business Process Optimization, we have the right people, process and we have a winning smile to boot.
I guess what we are saying is, if “Awesome” were a physical substance, the employees of HawkPoint would be covered in it. You want to be covered in awesome, right? Read on and apply today!
This is what we need:
First and foremost, we need a solid developer who can program commercial or custom applications. We need discipline and accountability. We need best practice. We need to understand the technical and industry angles of what we are doing, how we are doing it and what we should do next. You know… an effective developer who leads by example, pushes us forward and holds us accountable.
We asked your team, what skills you’ll need when you walk through the door. Their list was right to the point. In their own words:
- C# ASP .NET development experience. Experience with Bootstrap, JQuery, React.
- SQL experience, preferably Microsoft T-SQL using SSMS.
- Experience with Reporting, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, GIT, SVN, Microservice Architecture, Azure/AWS/Google Cloud, Silverlight, and/or Software Security is a plus. (None of these are required, but they are helpful here and several are current gaps)
- Fast learner (Not specifically technical, but it is very vital here and worth calling out specifically).
- Experience developing new applications from scratch and working on existing enterprise software a plus.
Adding to their list:
- An exceptionally high attention to detail. (This one is first for a reason)
- The ability to work at a fast-pace, independently, with a focus on results.
- Comfort and confidence in communicating, across all mediums.
- The ability to recognize patterns and navigate grey areas to understand requests.
- Commercial software experience is a definite plus.
Big picture, we aren’t going to be hung up on any specific education or experience, but you should have something to show for what you can do. We are looking for someone who has done this job and can help make us better. We need someone who can come in and push us forward.
HawkPoint provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability and we welcome applications from any/all suitably qualified candidates.