At HawkPoint, we believe that helping businesses succeed begins with understanding our customers. We provide technologies that support businesses today and prepare them for the needs and challenges of the future. We do not use a cookie-cutter approach at HawkPoint, but rather customized solutions to fit each customer. If you're interested in working with a fun group within a customer-centric environment, then submit an application below.
At HawkPoint Technologies (HawkPoint), technology is a lifestyle. We don’t “do” technology for a living. Technology is part of who we are as people. Our employees were partially raised by Bruce Wayne and Steve Jobs (Bill Gates for the kids on the other side of the tracks). We build servers for fun, develop complex applications for breakfast and solve business technology problems in our sleep. This isn’t a job, it’s a lifelong adventure, wherein tech, business, problem-solving and invention all work and play together in harmony.
We’re looking for an application developer to join our team to develop and maintain our commercial product suite of applications. But, we’re not just looking for someone who can do the job, we’re hoping to find a special someone. Someone who will debate tabs vs spaces with us. Someone who likes to have endless discussions about whether p=np. Someone who has a favorite IDE and a preferred source control.
Couple of skills we are looking for:
- Web Development using .NET technologies (C#, JS, CSHTML)
- Microsoft T-SQL
- VB or VBScript a plus
- Software testing (unit and functional)
- Quick learner who enjoys puzzles and problem solving
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum experience is a plus)
We are dedicated to improving our software every day and we need someone who has the right mentality and skill set to helps us on our way. The most important things are having a good foundation and being willing and able to learn all sorts of new things.
If this someone is you, submit a cover letter and application below.
Why did the Business Analyst cross the road? To go work at HawkPoint because people who work at HawkPoint are awesome! Seriously though, come work here.
HawkPoint is a technology company. What technologies? Yes…
- We have a software division, cranking out commercial applications for manufacturing environments. Our software division also develops custom applications for all industries, including manufacturing, construction and food/beverage. These wonderful people can program the human error out of just about anything.
- Our IT Service division does everything IT should do. Managed Services, check. Major projects, check. Servers, Networks, PCs, Cloud Computing and Helpdesk, just to name a few. If it plugs into a wall and scares the hell out of old people, our IT team is on the case and making it work like a champ.
- How about consulting? Absolutely. From CIO Advisory to Business Process Optimization, we have the right people, processes and a winning smile to boot.
I guess what we are saying is, if “Awesome” were a physical substance, the employees of HawkPoint would be covered in it. You want to be covered in awesome, right? Read on and apply today!
This is what we need:
A Business Analyst (BA), or someone who kicks ass and can learn the job as they go. We don’t need someone who thinks they know it all already. We know this is going to be a learning process and we’re excited for the right person, with the right attitude to take the bull by the horns and get after it.
We are looking for someone that, over a period of time, can be held accountable for different tasks. Someone who can get the customer questions answered, maintain documents and keep the team informed. Someone who cares about what they do and isn’t afraid to talk with clients, technical folks and management-types to get the right answers and build the best solutions.
A big part of what we do is to modernize old industries. Understanding the old process and associating that to the new tech is at the core of this position. This stuff plays a big part also:
- An exceptionally high attention to detail. (This one is first for a reason.)
- The ability to work at a fast-pace, independently, with a focus on results.
- Comfort and confidence in communicating, across all mediums.
- Ridiculous organization skills. It’s not enough if you “can organize”. We need you to be organized, all the time.
- Genuine interest in technology (IT/software) and in “how things work” for tech and business/manufacturing. You don’t need to be an expert, just need to be interested in it and not be afraid of it.
- The ability to recognize patterns and navigate grey areas to understand requests.
- The ability to ask the right questions and juggle busy schedules to acquire information.
It would also be pretty cool if you have:
- Project Management and/or Business Analysis experience
- An understanding of application development/Agile/Scrum
- Some background in manufacturing process. Paper Converting experience would be a bonus!
Big picture, we don’t really care about specific education or experience, but you should have something to show for what you can do. Business Analyst for 5 years, cool. Planner for a paper converter, sweet. We don’t care what you’ve done, as long as you’ve done something.
You’ve made it to the bottom, so you must be interested. Send a resume and cover letter by clicking "Apply" below.
HawkPoint provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability and we welcome applications from any/all suitably qualified candidates.